We mostly help with family law cases involving domestic or intimate partner violence. These cases cover many of areas of law. Three Rivers works with shelters and victims’ advocates to help survivors find safety and stability.
We help survivors obtain an injunction for protection, also known as a restraining order, to stop further contact and violence from the abuser. There are no income or asset restrictions for survivors seeking this kind of help in Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Lafayette, Levy, Madison, Suwannee, Taylor, and Union Counties – everyone is eligible as long as they live in these counties or have a referral from the legal services agency in their own community. The services of one of our attorneys or a volunteer, pro bono lawyer providing legal help for domestic violence victims are free.
We may also be able to assist in related family law issues, such as establishing or modifying timesharing with the children, or obtaining a dissolution of marriage or permission to relocate. Sometimes we help in other areas of clients’ lives. For example, Three Rivers can assist with compensation for property destroyed or stolen by an abuser, or we can negotiate with landlords to provide more safety measures.
Call 866-256-8091 now to make an appointment to speak to one of our attorneys or click Apply for Legal Services Online and receive a call from one of our Intake Specialists, if you are eligible for free assistance.
To learn more about domestic violence see Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence: What is Domestic Violence
Here are links to area shelters and services for survivors and victims of spouse or domestic abuse and there children
- Another Way provides domestic violence services in Columbia, Dixie, Levy, Gilchrist, Hamilton and Lafayette Counties.
- Peaceful Paths provides domestic violence services in Alachua, Bradford, Union Counties.
- Hubbard House provides domestic violence services in Baker and Duval Counties.
- Vivid Visions provides domestic violence services in Suwannee County
- Betty Griffin House provides domestic violence services in St. Johns County
- Quigley House provides domestic violence services in Clay County
- Micah’s Place provides domestic violence services in Nassau County
Here is a link to a form to file for an Injunction for Protection
See below for more information or visit FloridaLawHelp.org