If you are a low-income taxpayer who cannot afford professional tax assistance, you may qualify for help from our Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic which provides free assistance in tax disputes.
Our Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) is located in our Jacksonville office and represents low-income taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service in audit, appeals, and collection issues, for free.
Call 866-256-8091 now to make an appointment to speak to one of our attorneys or click here to request a call back from one of our intake specialists.
The Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic receives partial funding from the IRS. However, the clinic and volunteers are completely independent of and are not associated with the federal government. The clinic is operated by Three Rivers Legal Services, a nonprofit organization.
The 2015 income guidelines for this program are
|Size of Family Unit||Income Ceiling
(250% of Poverty Guidelines)
Items you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Proof of identification and income
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- A copy of last year's Federal and State returns if available
- Current pay stub
- All correspondence from the IRS