If you are a low-income taxpayer who cannot afford professional tax assistance, you may qualify for help from our Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic which provides free assistance in tax disputes.
Our Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC) is located in our Jacksonville office and represents low-income taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service in audit, appeals, and collection issues, for free.
The Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic receives partial funding from the IRS. However, the clinic and volunteers are completely independent of and are not associated with the federal government. The clinic is operated by Three Rivers Legal Services, a nonprofit organization. To qualify for services, you must reside in Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Nassau or St. Johns County and meet the income requirements. The 2010 income guidelines are as follows:
|Size of Family Unit||Income Ceiling
(250% of Poverty Guidelines)
Items you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Proof of identification and income
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- A copy of last year's Federal and State returns if available
- Current pay stub
- All correspondence from the IRS