THERE ARE PRO BONO OPPORTUNITIES TO MATCH ALL SKILLS, INTERESTS AND AVAILABILITY!
Volunteer in a Three Rivers Legal Services office and work with a highly experienced team of staff attorneys and advocates assisting eligible clients in north Florida.
Join the panel of volunteer pro bono attorneys who supplement the delivery of legal services by either accepting direct referral of eligible clients, assisting clients in a clinic and/or serve as co-counsel or mentor in such areas as:
- Domestic Violence Prevention: Assisting domestic violence survivors escape the violence and create a safe and stable environment for themselves and their families through Family Law, Restraining Order, and Immigration assistance;
- Housing Preservation: Assist clients to access and preserve housing free of discrimination, with specific focus on Eviction and Foreclosure defense and Fair Housing;
- Economic Security: Assisting clients secure public benefits and eliminate the barriers to employment and self-sufficiency;
- Health Access: Assisting clients secure public benefits and eliminate the barriers to employment and self-sufficiency.
Volunteer/Pro Bono Attorney Support
The Volunteer Attorney Program of Three Rivers Legal Services provides these support services to volunteer attorneys:
- Clients are pre-screened for eligibility;
- Cases are referred in your area of expertise;
- Reimbursement can be made for your out-of-pocket expenses on the referred case up to $50 without prior approval of the pro bono coordinator and/or payment of costs for pro bono cases;
- Mentors pro bono attorneys are available in specialized areas of poverty law;
- Malpractice insurance coverage is available for referred cases, secondary to the attorney’s own malpractice coverage;
- Legal research provided by volunteer law student interns and Westlaw® access for pro bono cases;
- Free training opportunities and resource materials;
- Recognition for the provision of pro bono legal services;
- Accounting of your Three Rivers’ pro bono hours for reporting to the Florida Bar.
Three Rivers Legal Services offers periodic training in a wide variety of practices and specialties that are of vital assistance and interest to the attorneys who represent our clients.
One Promise Florida
The focus of the One Campaign is to engage more attorneys in providing pro bono legal services through their local legal aid programs by taking on ONE case. Put simply, the One Campaign speaks directly to the number one issue that many attorneys cite as an obstacle to providing pro bono legal services: time. Through the One Campaign attorneys are encouraged to take One case where they can utilize their unique skills to help regular citizens navigate the law. The One Campaign will also highlight both state and local opportunities that attorneys can take advantage of to provide these pro bono services.
Visit the One Promise website for more information.